Understanding Cloud Computing Deployment Models
Hello and welcome. This is the last post on cloud computing concept. First and second posts in the cloud computing concept series are listed below.
What we'll cover
- An overview of cloud computing deployment models
- Cloud computing deployment models with Microsoft Azure
There are multiple types of cloud deployment models but the four main models are:
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Community Cloud
In this type of deployment model, cloud vendors provide services to multiple clients. Hardware resources are securely shared by clients through a concept known as Virtualization.
It goes without saying that private cloud deployment is owned and shared by a single company. This company often owns the hardware and datacenter. This datacenter can be physically located within the company's site (on-premise) or hosted by a third-party cloud provider.
This is a combination of both public and private cloud deploment models. It allows data to be shared between these models through automation and orchestration.
With Community cloud, infrastructure is shared between several organizations from a specific community with the same security, jurisdiction and compliance concerns. You have to be a valid government organization to be able to register for this offering. These datacenters are hosted separate from public cloud datacenters.
They handle data that is subject to government regulations. An example of community cloud are Azure Government, Azure China and Azure Germany also known as sovereign cloud category.
This is the end of the series on cloud computing concepts. I hope you found it informative and the knowledge applicable. The series focused on high level understanding of cloud concepts. If you want to go further and expand your understanding, tons of materials are available on the internet.
Thank you for reading and I wish you the best in your cloud computing journey.
- Banner from: https://www.mytechlogy.com/IT-blogs/11965/hybrid-cloud-hosting-and-its-market-value/
- Public Cloud Model from: https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/hands-on-devops/9781788471183/2837359d-9630-437a-8b29-0fd1295bbbe2.xhtml
- Private Cloud from: https://www.blackboxhosting.net/services/private-cloud/
- Community Cloud from: https://phoenixnap.com/blog/community-cloud